Talbot Historical Society Project Rewind: Casts off from Claiborne

Share

Enjoy this newly scanned photo of the ferry’s departure from Claiborne! The first Claiborne to Annapolis ferry boat run was June 19, 1919 on the 1901 side wheeler ferry Gov. Emerson C. Harrington! This 1938 Talbot Historical Society H. Robins Hollyday Collection photo is of the Gov. Emerson C. Harrington II which made the last Claiborne to Romancoke run on December 31, 1952. The first Gov. Emerson C. Harrington ferry left Service in 1938 and became a floating restaurant in Pocomoke City, Md and the 1913 steam and coal fired boiler run Gov. Emerson C. Harrington II took it’s place. Facts: Wikipedia “Claiborne -Annapolis Ferry Company”

Contact: Cathy Hill cvhill@atlanticbb.net to share your old photos. Comment, Like our page and join THS!

Write a Letter to the Editor on this Article

We encourage readers to offer their point of view on this article by submitting the following form. Editing is sometimes necessary and is done at the discretion of the editorial staff.