The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data are updated about 10 a.m. each day. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Community transmission of COVID-19 remains high. Wear a mask indoors in public spaces.
• Talbot County’s 7-day average positivity rate is 4.29% and its case rate is 10.37 cases per 100,000 population.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 1,001,509 an increase of 947 in the past 24 hours.
• In the past 24 hours, 14 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 13,842.
• The state’s average positivity rate is 2.79%, up .01 percentage points from yesterday.
• The number of patients currently hospitalized is 439, down 20 from yesterday.