The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data are updated about 10 a.m. each day. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Community transmission of COVID-19 remains high. Wear a mask indoors in public spaces.
• Talbot County’s 7-day average positivity rate is 17.69% and its case rate is 72.05 cases per 100,000 population.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 955,280, an increase of 1,068 in the past 24 hours.
• In the past 24 hours, 19 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 13,227.
• The state’s average positivity rate is 9.04%, down 0.83 percentage points from yesterday.
• The number of patients currently hospitalized is 1,716, up 22 from yesterday.
Letters to Editor
Tom Alspach says
Can someone explain why Talbot’s positivity rate is twice that of the state wide average? I know this is the “Red State of Talbot” with plenty of anti-vaxxers, but does that really explain it?