The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data are updated about 10 a.m. each day. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
- Community levels in all counties on Maryland’s Eastern Shore are low.
- Talbot County’s 7-day average positivity rate is 3.23% and its case rate is 6.15 cases per 100,000 population.
- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 1,008,178, an increase of 430 in the past 24 hours.
- In the past 24 hours, 4 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 14,022.
- The state’s average positivity rate is 1.47%, down 0.03 percentage points since yesterday.
- The number of patients currently hospitalized is 210, up 14 from yesterday.