The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data are updated about 10 a.m. each day. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
- Community levels in all counties on Maryland’s Eastern Shore are low.
- Talbot County’s 7-day average positivity rate is 2.37% and its case rate is 5.76 cases per 100,000 population.
- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 1,005,056, an increase of 294 in the past 24 hours.
- In the past 24 hours, 18 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 13,943.
- The state’s average positivity rate is 1.61%, remaining steady since yesterday.
- The number of patients currently hospitalized is 286, down 10 from yesterday.