The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data are updated about 10 a.m. each day. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
- Community levels in Dorchester, Kent, and Talbot counties are now MEDIUM. The Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, Ga., recommends that people in communities with a MEDIUM community level do the following:
- Stay up-t0-date on vaccinations and boosters.
- If you are immunocompromised or at high risk for severe disease, consult your healthcare provider about whether you should wear a mask or take other precautions, such as testing.
- If you have COVID-like symptoms, take a test.
- If you have tested positive for COVID, have COVID-like symptoms, or have been exposed to someone with COVID, wear a mask.
- Talbot County’s 7-day average positivity rate is 12.14% and its case rate is 31.89 cases per 100,000 population.
- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 1,078,122, an increase of 1,983 in the past 24 hours.
- In the past 24 hours, 12 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 14,314.
- The state’s average positivity rate is 8.54%, down 0.13 percentage points since yesterday.
- The number of patients currently hospitalized is 492, up 24 from yesterday.
Write a Letter to the Editor on this Article
We encourage readers to offer their point of view on this article by submitting the following form. Editing is sometimes necessary and is done at the discretion of the editorial staff.