Residents of three townhouses in Trappe were relocated by the American Red Cross Saturday night after fire heavily damaged one two-story home at 4311 Lovers Lane, the state Fire Marshal’s Office reported.
No injuries were reported in the fire that started in an external heating unit and spread into townhouse 45. Investigators reported that $70,000 damage was done to the townhouse and its contents. The fire was reported by the occupant of townhouse 45 shortly before 6 p.m. Trappe firefighters battled the fire for about an hour before bringing it under control. Residents of homes on either side of the fire scene were also relocated. Investigators reported the fire was an accident.