Simpatico, Italy’s Finest celebrates Columbus Day with the 8th Annual “Columbus Wine & Food Celebration at St. Michaels” of Italian Wine, Food, Art & Games in honor of explorer Christopher Columbus.
Now expanding to two days on Saturday & Sunday, October 14 and 15, from Noon to 5 PM, the event will be held rain or shine both days in the tented lot “piazza” adjacent to Simpatico at 104 Railroad Ave. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the St. Michaels Community Center for a joint Simpatico-SMCC Prepared Food Project.
Stop by and transport yourself to Italy!
This not-to- be-missed event will feature the following activities to the public at a cost of $25 per person, kids free:
– Italian Wine & Spirits Tastings of over 60 wines, Limoncello, Italian Vodka & Gin, Prosecco, Bellinis,
Amalfi Coast Liqueurs!
– Italian Food Served & Tastings including Cipriani Pasta with Wild Boar Sauce, Antipasti, Pates, Pestos,
Truffle products, Olive Oils, Balsamics, Chicken Pesto, Caponata, Rice Salad, Orange Olive Oil Cake &
– Wonderful Artisan Cheese Tastings of Cow, Sheep & Goat cheeses directly flown in from Italy every 2
– Live Italian Music – with Marc DeSimone, come listen to your favorite Italian songs!!
– Italian Trivia & Pasta Game – Answer all the questions and you win a bottle of wine!
– Meet Columbus and hear about his adventures in exploration, and have your picture taken with him!
– Special pricing promotions for wines and other items in the shop.
Simpatico is excited to continue this event for the community; Bobbi Parlett, owner of Simpatico, comments, “everyone has such a good time at this fun annual event, it is like being in a piazza in Italy for the afternoon, and combines so many things we love – food, wine, art, history, music, games for all ages, and fun.”
Simpatico is a locally-owned, independent retailer and wholesaler specializing in exclusively Made in Italy items: a fabulous selection of Italian wines plus foods, ceramics, kitchen linens, ornaments, Murano Glass jewelry & Glasses, Florentine furniture and home accessories, wall art and more. Simpatico fall store hours are Monday through Thursday 10 AM to 5 PM, Saturday from 10 AM to 6 PM and Sundays 10 AM to 5 PM. To purchase tickets, go to Events on www.simpaticostmichaels.com.