The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• The level of community transmission of COVID-19 is high for Maryland and high across most of the Mid-Shore. Health officials urge everyone, including those who are fully vaccinated, to wear masks while indoors.
• Maryland’s average positivity rate topped 5% for the first time since April 22.
• Talbot County’s community transmission level is high, according to the county health department.
• Talbot County had 6 new COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours. The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 5.22% and its case rate is 26.13 cases per 100,000 population.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 483,641, an increase of 1,060 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, nine people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 9,695.
• The number of patients currently hospitalized is 643, up 13 from yesterday.
Write a Letter to the Editor on this Article
We encourage readers to offer their point of view on this article by submitting the following form. Editing is sometimes necessary and is done at the discretion of the editorial staff.