The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m., although some counties do not update on weekends. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Talbot County’s COVID-19 cases increased by 4 to 2,460.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 4.4%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 433,359, an increase of 1,564 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 16 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 8,342.
• The state’s 7-day positivity rate is 5.67% (-0.11 from yesterday).
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 36.75% of Marylanders and 43.1% of Talbot County residents; second dose rates are 22.43% and 29.77% respectively.
• To pre-register for a vaccine appointment (including for the mass vaccination clinic at the Wicomico Civic Center in Salisbury), visit covidvax.maryland.gov or call 1-855-MD-GOVAX (1-855-634-6829).
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate has been above 5 percent for 18 straight days.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland dropped by 12 in the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 1,232 people hospitalized — 936 in acute care and 296 in intensive care.