Key points for today
• Talbot County cases increased by 14 to 367, according to the county health department.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 5.49%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 89,365, an increase of 1,019 in the last 24 hours.
• Of the state’s 3,374 deaths, 12 were in the last 24 hours.
The Spy obtains information for this chart between 12 and 2 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
* Maryland and Cecil County report the total released from isolation.
** For Kent County deaths, The Spy reports its own tally based on the number of state-reported deaths within Kent County facilities and the number of non-facility deaths. For Queen Anne’s County deaths, The Spy reports the total deaths listed on the county’s website. There are discrepancies among state and county statistics concerning total deaths and facility deaths.
• The number of COVID-19 patients currently hospitalized in Maryland increased by 2 in the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 592 people hospitalized — 460 in acute care and 132 in intensive care.
• Of the 31,003 test results received on July 31, the average positivity rate was 3.44%; the 7-day average was 4.47%.
For additional COVID-19 graphics and links to resources, click here.
• A total of 1,245,767 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in Maryland. The state reports 839,989 total negative test results.
• Of the state’s 89,365 cases, 12,672 patients have ever been hospitalized for treatment; 5,713 have been released from isolation.
The graph below shows the total cases, total ever hospitalized, and total deaths statewide.