The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Talbot County COVID-19 cases increased by 1 to 2,141.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 5.53%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 370,983, an increase of 847 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 18 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 7,374.
• The state’s 7-day positivity rate is 4.63% (-0.13 percentage points from yesterday).
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 10.58% of Marylanders and 16.7% of Talbot County residents; second dose rates are 3.93% and 5.67% respectively.
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate has remained below 5% for three consecutive days.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland decreased by 26 over the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 1,166 people hospitalized — 873 in acute care and 293 in intensive care.