The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Talbot County COVID-19 cases increased by 16 to 2,201.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 6.96%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 375,737, an increase of 763 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 20 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 7,515.
• The state’s 7-day positivity rate is 4.17% (+0.05 percentage points from yesterday).
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 11.87% of Marylanders and 18.39% of Talbot County residents; second dose rates are 5.41% and 8.81% respectively.
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate has remained below 5% for nine straight days.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland increased by 33 over the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 1,049 people hospitalized — 771 in acute care and 278 in intensive care.
Write a Letter to the Editor on this Article
We encourage readers to offer their point of view on this article by submitting the following form. Editing is sometimes necessary and is done at the discretion of the editorial staff.