The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Talbot County COVID-19 cases increased by 10 to 2,223.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 4.98%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 378,490, an increase of 862 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 27 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 7,607.
• The state’s 7-day positivity rate is 3.8% (-0.1 percentage points from yesterday).
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 12.71% of Marylanders and 18.72% of Talbot County residents; second dose rates are 6.3% and 9.45% respectively.
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate has remained below 5% for 13 straight days and has been below 4% for three days.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland dropped by 18 over the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 960 people hospitalized — 711 in acute care and 249 in intensive care.
• Hospitals remained at high capacity overall on Tuesday, with 7,044 patients in staffed beds, slightly below the 85% capacity threshold (7,050 beds).