The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Talbot County COVID-19 deaths increased by 1 to 25 and cases increased by 10 to 2,114.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 6.04%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 365,529, an increase of 976 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 41 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 7,234.
• The state’s 7-day positivity rate is 5.78% (+0.11 percentage points from yesterday).
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 9.24% of Marylanders and 14.99% of Talbot County residents; second dose rates are 2.8% and 3.76% respectively.
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland decreased by 36 over the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 1,377 people hospitalized — 1,051 in acute care and 326 in intensive care.