Key points for today
• Talbot County cases increased by 5 to 142, according to the county health department.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 68,961, an increase of 538 in the last 24 hours.
• Of the state’s 3,099 deaths, 13 were in the last 24 hours; another 124 deaths in Maryland are likely due to the novel coronavirus.
The Spy obtains information for this chart between 2 and 3 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
* Maryland and Cecil County report the total released from isolation.
** For Kent County deaths, The Spy reports its own tally based on the number of state-reported deaths within Kent County facilities and the number of non-facility deaths. For Queen Anne’s County deaths, The Spy reports the total deaths listed on the county’s website. There are discrepancies among state and county statistics concerning total deaths and facility deaths.
• There currently are 422 people hospitalized — 279 in acute care and 143 in intensive care.
• The total number of currently hospitalized patients decreased by 19 in the last 24 hours.
• Of the 15,564 test results received on July 2, 5.94% were positive for COVID-19; the 7-day average positivity rate was 4.92%.
For additional COVID-19 graphics and links to resources, click here.
• A total of 691,495 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in Maryland. The state reports 494,873 total negative test results, including 10,121 in the last 24 hours.
• Of the state’s 68,961 cases, 10,973 patients have ever been hospitalized for treatment; 5,023 have been released from isolation.
The graph below shows the total cases, total ever hospitalized, and total deaths statewide.