Key points for today
• Talbot County cases increased by 5 to 151, according to the county health department.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 69,904, an increase of 272 in the last 24 hours.
• Of the state’s 3,121 deaths, 3 were in the last 24 hours; another 125 deaths in Maryland are likely due to the novel coronavirus.
* Maryland and Cecil County report the total released from isolation.
** For Kent County deaths, The Spy reports its own tally based on the number of state-reported deaths within Kent County facilities and the number of non-facility deaths. For Queen Anne’s County deaths, The Spy reports the total deaths listed on the county’s website. There are discrepancies among state and county statistics concerning total deaths and facility deaths.
• There currently are 403 people hospitalized — 261 in acute care and 142 in intensive care.
• The total number of currently hospitalized patients decreased by 6 in the last 24 hours.
• Of the 10,937 test results received on July 5, 3.36% were positive for COVID-19; the 7-day average positivity rate was 4.51%.
For additional COVID-19 graphics and links to resources, click here.
• A total of 724,463 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in Maryland. The state reports 517,457 total negative test results, including 7,127 in the last 24 hours.
• Of the state’s 69,904 cases, 11,096 patients have ever been hospitalized for treatment; 5,029 have been released from isolation.
The graph below shows the total cases, total ever hospitalized, and total deaths statewide.