Key points for today
• Talbot County cases increased by 1 to 110.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 65,337, an increase of 330 in the last 24 hours.
• Of the state’s 2,978 deaths, 15 were in the last 24 hours; another 130 deaths in Maryland are likely due to the novel coronavirus.
The Spy updates this chart between 2 and 3 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
* Maryland and Cecil County report the total released from isolation.
** For Kent County deaths, The Spy reports its own tally based on the number of state-reported deaths within Kent County facilities and the number of non-facility deaths. For Queen Anne’s County deaths, The Spy reports the total deaths listed on the county’s website. There are discrepancies among state and county statistics concerning total deaths and facility deaths.
• There currently are 544 people hospitalized — 331 in acute care and 213 in intensive care. The total number of hospitalized patients decreased by 17 in the last 24 hours.
• The number of new cases and additional deaths per day also continues to decline.
For additional COVID-19 graphics and links to resources, click here.
• Of the 8,887 patients tested on June 23, 5.22% tested positive for COVID-19; the 7-day average positivity rate was 5.17%.
• A total of 591,962 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in Maryland. The state reports 425,120 total negative test results, including 6,592 in the last 24 hours.
• Of the state’s 65,337 cases, 10,648 patients have ever been hospitalized for treatment; 4,810 have been released from isolation.
The graph below shows the total cases, total ever hospitalized, and total deaths statewide.