Key points for today
• Talbot County cases remain at 131, according to the county health department.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 67,559, an increase of 305 in the last 24 hours.
• Of the state’s 3,062 deaths, 14 were in the last 24 hours; another 128 deaths in Maryland are likely due to the novel coronavirus.
The Spy obtains information for this chart between 2 and 3 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
* Maryland and Cecil County report the total released from isolation.
** For Kent County deaths, The Spy reports its own tally based on the number of state-reported deaths within Kent County facilities and the number of non-facility deaths. For Queen Anne’s County deaths, The Spy reports the total deaths listed on the county’s website. There are discrepancies among state and county statistics concerning total deaths and facility deaths.
• There currently are 452 people hospitalized — 300 in acute care and 152 in intensive care.
• The total number of currently hospitalized patients increased by 5 in the last 24 hours.
• Despite slight increases in hospitalized patients the past two days, the 7-day and 14-day rolling averages for those currently hospitalized continues to decline.
For additional COVID-19 graphics and links to resources, click here.
• Of the 8,682 test results received on June 29, 4.71% tested positive for COVID-19; the 7-day average positivity rate was 4.81%.
• A total of 652,701 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in Maryland. The state reports 468,296 total negative test results, including 6,237 in the last 24 hours.
• Of the state’s 67,559 cases, 10,844 patients have ever been hospitalized for treatment; 4,982 have been released from isolation.
The graph below shows the total cases, total ever hospitalized, and total deaths statewide.