Key points for today
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Talbot County remains at 99.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 56,770, an increase of 912 in the last 24 hours.
• Of the state’s 2,580 deaths, 34 were in the last 24 hours; another 122 deaths in Maryland are likely due to the novel coronavirus.
The Spy updates this chart between 2 and 3 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Hopkins updates its map data throughout the day.
Congregate living facilities data is updated weekly on Wednesdays.
* Maryland and Cecil County report the total released from isolation.
** For Kent County deaths, The Spy reports its own tally based on the number of state-reported deaths within Kent County facilities and the number of non-facility deaths. For Queen Anne’s County deaths, The Spy reports the total deaths listed on the county’s website. There are discrepancies within among state and county statistics concerning total deaths and facility deaths due to the reliance on death certificate information on county of residence for the total deaths reported by the state.
• The number of patients currently hospitalized, an important metric in the Governor’s Roadmap to Recovery, continues to decrease (see chart below).
• There currently are 1,076 people hospitalized — 621 in acute care and 455 in intensive care. The total number of hospitalized patients decreased by 20 in the last 24 hours.
For additional graphics and links to resources, click here.
• Of those tested for COVID-19 on June 4, 8.02% tested positive; the 5-day rolling average was 8.44%.
• Of the state’s 56,770 cases, 9,346 patients have ever been hospitalized for treatment.
• Maryland says 4,159 patients have been released from isolation, including 74 in the last 24 hours.
• The state reports 290,956 negative test results, including 9,796 in the last 24 hours.
The graph below shows the total cases, total ever hospitalized, and total deaths statewide.