The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• A Talbot County resident died of COVID-19 in the last 24 hours; the county’s COVID-19 cases increased by 5 to 2,246.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 3.55%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 382,702, an increase of 603 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 10 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 7,697.
• The state’s 7-day positivity rate is 3.52% (+0.06 percentage points from yesterday).
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 14.2% of Marylanders and 20.59% of Talbot County residents; second dose rates are 7.84% and 12.32% respectively.
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate has remained below 5% for 18 straight days and has been below 4% for eight days.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland increased by 36 over the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 904 people hospitalized — 669 in acute care and 235 in intensive care.
• With 6,770 total patients in staffed beds, hospitals yesterday were below 85% capacity, which was at 6,897 beds.
Editor’s Note: The state has not updated its spreadsheet for the positivity rate by jurisdiction for several days. The map showing those rates will return once the state spreadsheet is updated again.