The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Talbot County’s COVID-19 cases increased by 8 to 2,262.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 3.68%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 383,956, an increase of 786 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 26 hours, 14 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 7,737.
• The state’s 7-day positivity rate is 3.28% (-0.07 percentage points from yesterday).
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 14.89% of Marylanders and 21.35% of Talbot County residents; second dose rates are 8.18% and 12.72% respectively.
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate has remained below 5% for 20 straight days and has been below 4% for 10 days.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland dropped by 33 over the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 863 people hospitalized — 635 in acute care and 228 in intensive care.
• With 7,051 total patients in staffed beds, hospitals yesterday were above 85% capacity, which was at 7,040 beds.