The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Talbot County’s COVID-19 cases remain at 2,278.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 2.87%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 388,035, an increase of 716 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 26 hours, 8 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 7,781.
• The state’s 7-day positivity rate is 3.36% (no change from yesterday).
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 16.88% of Marylanders and 24.45% of Talbot County residents; second dose rates are 9.34% and 14.26% respectively.
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate has remained below 5% for 25 straight days and has been below 4% for 15 days.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland dropped by 26 over the last 24 hours, going below 800 for the first time since Nov. 10.
• There currently are 792 people hospitalized — 577 in acute care and 215 in intensive care.
• With 6,616 total patients in staffed beds, hospitals yesterday were below 85% capacity, which was at 6,783 beds.