Key points for today
• Talbot County COVID-19 cases increased by 1 to 655, according to the county health department.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 2.67%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 145,281, an increase of 967 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 10 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 4,000.
The Spy obtains information for this chart between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
* Maryland and Cecil County report the total released from isolation.
** For Kent County deaths, The Spy reports its own tally based on the number of state-reported deaths within Kent County facilities and the number of non-facility deaths. For Queen Anne’s County deaths, The Spy reports the total deaths listed on the county’s website. There are discrepancies among state and county statistics concerning total deaths and facility deaths.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients increased by 7 over the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 520 people hospitalized — 394 in acute care and 126 in intensive care.
• Of the 32,984 test results received Oct. 30, the positivity rate was 3.44%; the 7-day positivity rate was 3.77%.
For additional COVID-19 graphics and links to resources, click here.
• A total of 3,422,662 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in Maryland; this number does not represent the total number of patients tested as some patients have been tested multiple times. The state reports 1,793,391 people have tested negative.
• Of the state’s 145,281 cases, 17,093 patients have ever been hospitalized for treatment; 8,181 have been released from isolation.
The graph below shows the total cases, total ever hospitalized, and total deaths statewide.