Key points for today
• Talbot County cases increased by 2 to 556, according to the county health department.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 2.70%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 122,972, an increase of 613 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 8 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 3,780.
The Spy obtains information for this chart between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
* Maryland and Cecil County report the total released from isolation.
** For Kent County deaths, The Spy reports its own tally based on the number of state-reported deaths within Kent County facilities and the number of non-facility deaths. For Queen Anne’s County deaths, The Spy reports the total deaths listed on the county’s website. There are discrepancies among state and county statistics concerning total deaths and facility deaths.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients increased by 3 in the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 347 people hospitalized — 266 in acute care and 81 in intensive care.
• Of the 31,639 test results received on Sept. 25, the positivity rate was 2.46%; the 7-day average was 2.56%.
For additional COVID-19 graphics and links to resources, click here.
• A total of 2,525,658 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in Maryland. The state reports 1,461,328 total negative test results.
• Of the state’s 122,972 cases, 15,382 patients have ever been hospitalized for treatment; 7,458 have been released from isolation.
The graph below shows the total cases, total ever hospitalized, and total deaths statewide.