Key points for today
• Talbot County cases increased by 6 to 542, according to the county health department.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 3.12%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 120,156, an increase of 412 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 3 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 3,735.
The Spy obtains information for this chart between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
* Maryland and Cecil County report the total released from isolation.
** For Kent County deaths, The Spy reports its own tally based on the number of state-reported deaths within Kent County facilities and the number of non-facility deaths. For Queen Anne’s County deaths, The Spy reports the total deaths listed on the county’s website. There are discrepancies among state and county statistics concerning total deaths and facility deaths.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients decreased by 43 in the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 281 people hospitalized — 213 in acute care and 68 in intensive care.
• Of the 28,889 test results received on Sept. 19, the positivity rate was 1.89%; the 7-day average was 2.85%.
For additional COVID-19 graphics and links to resources, click here.
• A total of 2,390,26 COVID-19 tests have been conducted in Maryland. The state reports 1,409,320 total negative test results.
• Of the state’s 120,156 cases, 15,119 patients have ever been hospitalized for treatment; 7,377 have been released from isolation.
The graph below shows the total cases, total ever hospitalized, and total deaths statewide.