Business owners who have expanded online sales or purchased the technology to allow employees to telework during the COVID-19 pandemic may qualify for a state grant through the Talbot County Department of Economic Development and Tourism.
Talbot County received an additional $30,826, which must be distributed by December 1, 2021. Individual award amounts will be determined by the number of qualified applicants who apply.
“Many of our businesses added or expanded their capacity for online sales or shifted their business models to respond to the pandemic,” says Cassandra Vanhooser, director of Talbot County Economic Development and Tourism. “Others have made it possible for employees to work from home.
“We applaud the innovation we’ve seen within our business community and are pleased to administer another program that will assist our small businesses in forging their path forward,” she continues.
Eligibility requirements include the following:
- Must have been established prior to March 9, 2020.
- Must be registered and in good standing with Maryland SDAT.
- Must currently be in operation.
- Must have a physical location within Talbot County.
- Priority consideration will be given to those who have not received a COVID-19 Business Relief Grant or Loan from the Maryland Department of Commerce, or a grant from the Maryland Department of Labor, for the purchase of equipment to assist in the expansion of opportunities for telework.
- Priority also will be given to applicants who do not have more than 20 total employees (including part-time employees), excluding the owner.
Businesses must submit receipts and proof of payment for costs incurred or an estimate for work to be completed with their application. The deadline to apply is Oct. 22, 2021. Applications can be found online at TalbotWorks.org.
For more information about this and other business resources, contact Cassandra M. Vanhooser, Director, Talbot County Department of Economic Development and Tourism, at (410) 770-8000 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.