Cool: Dixon House Makes National Registry of Historic Places

Share

A plaque acknowledging The Dixon House’s place on the National Registry of Historic Places was recently added to the front façade of the residence. Founded in 1903, The Dixon House was named for Robert and Amanda Dixon and has served as a residence for over five hundred Eastern Shore residents for the past one hundred and eleven years.

This significant structure, which is managed by the volunteer Board of Directors, meets all state and federal codes required to serve its elderly population. Donations may be sent to The Dixon House 108 N. Higgins Street Easton, Maryland 21601. The Dixon House is a 501C-3 non-profit organization and all donations are tax deductible.

Pictured are Board of Directors President John Atwood, Board Member Joan Muzzillo and Executive Director Linda Elben.

Screen Shot 2014-06-13 at 11.31.08 AM

 

 

 

..

Write a Letter to the Editor on this Article

We encourage readers to offer their point of view on this article by submitting the following form. Editing is sometimes necessary and is done at the discretion of the editorial staff.