The coronavirus pandemic that’s keeping many people inside across the Chesapeake Bay watershed is also limiting some outdoor recreational opportunities — closing campgrounds, playgrounds, public beaches and some parks. In Maryland, it’s also putting a crimp in boating.
Authorities issued stay-at-home orders in Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, the District of Columbia, New York and West Virginia. […]
Climate change will fuel heavier downpours and deeper floodwaters on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, according to one of the first detailed looks at … [Read More...]
- Shore Ecosystem: A Chat on Eco-Resilience with QAC’s Amy Moredock
- Snow Geese Dumped near Cordova
- Trump’s Proposed Chesapeake Bay Cleanup Cuts Draw Fire
- Oysters and Plastic Waste: A Chat with Horn Point Lab’s Christine Knauss
- Environmental Concern Celebrates World Wetlands Day
- Op-Ed: 36 years after Bay Agreement, Restoration still a Pipe Dream by Gerald Winegrad
- Can the EPA Enforce the Chesapeake Bay’s ‘Pollution Diet’?
- Dirty Air and the Human Brain: Does Pollution Poison the Mind?
- Town Creek Foundation’s Stuart Clarke Signs on with UM’s Center for Environmental Science
- Op-Ed: Thriving – Not Simply Surviving – in the Delmarva Oasis by Jim Bass
ShoreRivers is now accepting teacher applications for its Meaningful Watershed Educational Experience (MWEE) Academy. The yearlong MWEE Academy … [Read More...]
- ShoreRivers Announces Cancellations, Postponements
- ShoreRivers Gears up for Spring with River-Friendly Yards
- Meet the Scientists Behind the Science at Horn Point Laboratory’s Science Bytes
- Learn to Grow Your Own Oysters This March 21
- Frogs, Forts, Friends, and Outdoor Fun at Pickering Creek EcoCamp!
- Bird Lecture: Helping Birds Adapt to a Changing World
- Adkins Arboretum Announces 2020 Summer Nature Camps
- Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge Hosts 19th Eagle Festival
- March 22 Oyster Growing Workshop at Phillips Wharf
- Blue Crabs and the Bay at Phillips Wharf Feb. 22
Eastern Shore Land Conservancy
In light of the recent announcement by the Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA), Eastern Shore Land Conservancy (ESLC) is releasing its revised … [Read More...]
- 191 Acres of Farmland Conserved in Kent County
- Smokestack Repair Begins at Last Remaining Phillips Packing Co. Factory
- Celebrate the Land with Music and More at LANDJAM!
- Mid-Shore Public Transportation: Shared Mobility Coming to Chestertown
- Land Conservancy’s Planning Conference to Focus on Regional Transportation Issues
- ESLC’s Darius Johnson Would Like Your Attention on Bay Bridge Traffic Solutions
- Remembering Harry Hughes by Rob Etgen
- ESLC’s Jim Bass Reports on Eastern Shore’s Preparedness for Rising Seas Levels
- Eastern Shore Land Conservancy Releases Comprehensive Sea Level Rise Study
- ESLC Awarded Preservation Grant for Smokestack Repair at Phillips Packing House