Happy Mystery Monday! While most of the Arboretum is going dormant for winter, we still can find a variety of fruits in the woods. Do you know what plant produces these berries? Last week we asked you about the eastern spadefoot toad. Their name sheds light on their distinctive dark spade on each hind foot that they use for digging. These toads also have characteristic bright yellow eyes ... [Continue Story]
Happy Mystery Monday! Who did we find in Nancy's Meadow? This little one was in the middle of the path and was relocated to a nearby plot of meadow ... [Continue Story]
- Mid-Shore Food: A Chat with Banning’s Food Pioneer Steve Mangasarian
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Elusive Critter is This?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Did We Find on a Branch?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Native Turns Brown and Drops Needles?
- Say Cheese: Gregory James, Fine Maker of Cheesecake, Opens Josef’s in Easton
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Kind of Stripy Caterpillar is This?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What has a Characteristic “Button” on Rear End
- Adkins Mystery Monday: It’s Found in Bog and Swamp Environments
- Adkins Mystery Monday: What Native Shrub has Beautiful Berries?
- Adkins Mystery Monday: Found on Some Goldenrod in our Garden
By Jean Sanders
This is a repeat of an earlier Food Friday Thanksgiving column, because we are still trying to recover from yesterday’s holiday feast. NPR has Susan ... [Continue Story]
- Food Friday: Thanksgiving Doughnuts
- Food Friday: Thanksgiving Checklist ✓
- Food Friday: Cold Food
- Food Friday: Halloween Treats
- Food Friday: Mac and Cheese
- Food Friday: Coach Lasso’s Biscuits
- Food Friday: Friday Night is Pizza Night
- Food Friday: Treat Brain
- Food Friday: Apple Time
- Food Friday: The End of Summer
The historic Tidewater Inn – a timelessly refined hotel ideally situated in the heart of downtown Easton on Maryland’s Eastern Shore – announces the ... [Continue Story]
- Old Wye Mill to Sell Einkorn Flour
- LYON RUM Named Best Craft Rum Distillery 2021
- Chesapeake Harvest (a project of the EEDC) Launches New Website
- USRC and Regional Partners Announce Micro Ag Recipients
- Josef’s Sweets & Noble Wick Candles of Easton
- New UM Extension Program Offers Virtual Tour of a Local Dairy Farm
- Centreville – A Maryland Makers Event Returns to Downtown Centreville
- Mid-Shore Foods: Out of the Fire Starts Web Market
- Chapel’s Country Creamery has a Social Distancing Solution
- Adkins Mystery Monday: Its Delicate and Vibrant Yellow Flowers