The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data are updated about 10 a.m. each day. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Community transmission of COVID-19 remains high. Wear a mask indoors in public spaces.
• Talbot County’s 7-day average positivity rate is 23.44% and its case rate is 138.30 cases per 100,000 population.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 922,361, an increase of 8,897 in the past 24 hours.
• In the past 24 hours, 70 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 12,684.
• The state’s average positivity rate is 18.85%, down 0.92 percentage points from yesterday.
• The number of patients currently hospitalized is 2,983, down 68 from yesterday.
Write a Letter to the Editor on this Article
We encourage readers to offer their point of view on this article by submitting the following form. Editing is sometimes necessary and is done at the discretion of the editorial staff.