The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data are updated about 10 a.m. each day. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Community transmission of COVID-19 remains high. Wear a mask indoors in public spaces.
• Talbot County’s 7-day average positivity rate is 23.44% and its case rate is 138.30 cases per 100,000 population.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 922,361, an increase of 8,897 in the past 24 hours.
• In the past 24 hours, 70 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 12,684.
• The state’s average positivity rate is 18.85%, down 0.92 percentage points from yesterday.
• The number of patients currently hospitalized is 2,983, down 68 from yesterday.