The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data are updated about 10 a.m. each day. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Community transmission of COVID-19 remains high. Wear a mask indoors in public spaces.
• Talbot County’s 7-day average positivity rate is 18.24% and its case rate is 105.26 cases per 100,000 population.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 946,869, an increase of 3,256 in the past 24 hours.
• In the past 24 hours, 54 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 13,078.
• The state’s average positivity rate is 11.59%, down 0.98 percentage points from yesterday.
• The number of patients currently hospitalized is 2,103, down 131 from yesterday.