The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m., although some counties do not update on weekends. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Talbot County’s COVID-19 cases increased by 3 to 2,391.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 2.98%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 420,526, an increase of 1,471 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 11 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 8,203.
• The state’s 7-day positivity rate is 5.71% (-0.09 from yesterday).
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 31.93% of Marylanders and 40.21% of Talbot County residents; second dose rates are 17.85% and 24.86% respectively.
• To pre-register for a vaccine appointment (including for the mass vaccination clinic at the Wicomico Civic Center in Salisbury), visit covidvax.maryland.gov or call 1-855-MD-GOVAX (1-855-634-6829).
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate has been above 5 percent for 10 straight days.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland dropped by 4 in the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 1,200 people hospitalized — 923 in acute care and 277 in intensive care.
Write a Letter to the Editor on this Article
We encourage readers to offer their point of view on this article by submitting the following form. Editing is sometimes necessary and is done at the discretion of the editorial staff.