The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Talbot County COVID-19 cases increased by 3 to 2,232.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 4.6%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 380,436, an increase of 970 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 33 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 7,656.
• The state’s 7-day positivity rate is 3.66% (-0.08 percentage points from yesterday).
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 13.22% of Marylanders and 19.17% of Talbot County residents; second dose rates are 7.06% and 11.29% respectively.
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate has remained below 5% for 13 straight days and has been below 4% for five days.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland dropped by 9 over the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 943 people hospitalized — 698 in acute care and 245 in intensive care.
• Hospitals remained at high capacity overall yesterday, with 7,241 patients in staffed beds, a bit above the 85% capacity threshold (7,026 beds).