The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m., although some counties do not update on weekends. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Talbot County’s COVID-19 cases remain at 2,314.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 1.67%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 399,016, an increase of 1,118 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 26 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 7,973.
• The state’s 7-day positivity rate is 4.27% (+0.11 from yesterday).
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 22.82% of Marylanders and 30.37% of Talbot County residents; second dose rates are 11.79% and 18.03% respectively.
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate has remained below 5% for 37 straight days.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland increased by 34 in the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 850 people hospitalized — 648 in acute care and 202 in intensive care.
• With 7,095 total patients in staffed beds, hospitals yesterday were above 85% capacity, which was at 6,955 beds.