The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day; counties may update data throughout the day until 5 p.m., although some counties do not update on weekends. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Talbot County’s COVID-19 cases increased by 2 to 2,593.
• The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 5.79%.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 453,800, an increase of 399 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, 8 people died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 8,678.
• The state’s 7-day average positivity dropped below 3% for the first time since Oct. 12. The rate is 2.88% (-0.18 from yesterday).
• The first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has been given to 48.04% of Marylanders and 48.57% of Talbot County residents; second dose rates are 36.22% and 40.48% respectively.
• To pre-register for a vaccine appointment (including for the mass vaccination clinic at the Wicomico Civic Center in Salisbury), visit www.marylandvax.org or covidvax.maryland.gov or call 1-855-MD-GOVAX (1-855-634-6829).
• State Vaccine Information Page: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine
• Vaccination Site Search: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/nearby/index.html?appid=0dbfb100676346ed9758be319ab3f40c
• The state’s 7-day average positivity rate has been below 5% for 18 days, below 4% for 14 days, and below 3% for one day.
• The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Maryland increased by 1 in the last 24 hours.
• There currently are 799 people hospitalized — 579 in acute care and 220 in intensive care.
Write a Letter to the Editor on this Article
We encourage readers to offer their point of view on this article by submitting the following form. Editing is sometimes necessary and is done at the discretion of the editorial staff.