*New cases in last 24 hours.
The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• The state’s average positivity rate and number of patients currently hospitalized for COVID-19 have been on an upward trend over the past three weeks.
• Maryland’s average positivity rate has been above 2% for two days.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 466,205, an increase of 256 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, one person died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the state’s total to 9,589.
• Hospitalizations are at 168, down 5 from yesterday. There are 131 patients in acute care beds and 37 in intensive care.
Write a Letter to the Editor on this Article
We encourage readers to offer their point of view on this article by submitting the following form. Editing is sometimes necessary and is done at the discretion of the editorial staff.