*New cases in last 24 hours.
The Spy obtains information for the above chart between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Statewide data is updated about 10 a.m. each day. Johns Hopkins updates its data throughout the day.
Key points for today
• Since July 26, Talbot County has reported 19 new COVID-19 cases. The county’s 7-day average positivity rate is 5.59%.
• Maryland’s average positivity rate has been on an upward trend since July 13 and has been above 2% for six days.
• The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Maryland is now at 467,961, an increase of 526 in the last 24 hours.
• In the last 24 hours, no one died as a result of COVID-19, leaving the state’s total to 9,599.
• The number of patients currently hospitalized is 222, up 7 from yesterday. There have been more than 200 hospitalized patients for the past three days. There are 164 patients in acute care beds and 58 in intensive care.
Write a Letter to the Editor on this Article
We encourage readers to offer their point of view on this article by submitting the following form. Editing is sometimes necessary and is done at the discretion of the editorial staff.